What We Do

My photo
We are chasers of trophy fish (Leviathans if you will). We devote as much time as we can to the thrill of the hunt, the success, and the failure of fishing the waters of Northern Minnesota. We are stewards of the land and water. Conservation is a top priority to us because the future of tomorrow is what we decide today. Catch-Photo-Release is practiced along with selective harvest.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Late night...sTROLL!!

   One of Shawn's favorite summer activites is trolling at night for walleyes. He has started getting me hooked on it as well! I'm not a walleye fisherman at all. Don't get me wrong. I like to fish for them when I'm with someone that knows what they are doing. I have never really taken much time to understand the walleye's behavior or seasonal patterns, like I have with bass, bluegill, crappies, and pike.

   It doesn't take much convincing on Shawn's part to get me to go trolling after dark for some 'eyes. He has been doing this for quiet sometime now and is very proficient at it. The idea here is to troll shallow main lake humps, and bars adjacent to deep water. Using original floating Rapalas in the #7 size, trolling speeds average 1.7-2.2 mph is the tacic of choice! And it pays off!


19" Released!



25.5 Released!

No comments:

Post a Comment