What We Do

My photo
We are chasers of trophy fish (Leviathans if you will). We devote as much time as we can to the thrill of the hunt, the success, and the failure of fishing the waters of Northern Minnesota. We are stewards of the land and water. Conservation is a top priority to us because the future of tomorrow is what we decide today. Catch-Photo-Release is practiced along with selective harvest.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

On the water with my little Brother!


   I, like Shawn, have been very busy the past couple of weeks. Work has got me for 12-14 hours a day. That doesn't leave much time or energy to fish afterwards. I hope it slows down some.
   This weekend was my family reunion. What a great time it was. I was able to reconnect with some family members that I haven't seen in 20 years or so! One of the best parts of this reunion was the fact my little brother, Eric, was able to attend. Eric is an officer in the United States Marine Corps and has been deployed for most of his career or stationed too far away to make it home.
   When Eric told me he was going to be able to attend the reunion this year I asked if he would want to wet a line before it started up Saturday. He was more than thrilled for the invite! We haven't fished together in 20+ years either! So, needless to say, I was super excited for this outing!
   We were lucky enough that the reunion was being held at the Wynne residents, just north of Bemidji, MN, on the beautiful Crookston Lake. This lake is fun cause it has no public access, which makes the fishing out of this world! I wanted to keep the fishing as simple as possible. Eric likes to fish but, rarely gets a chance to do so. We targeted bluegills and largemouth bass.


Eric and a nice Bluegill!


A little hook removal!


First MN Largemouth Bass!



Me with and handful of Hen!

   Eric and I both had a great time. It was a short little trip, about an hour and a half but, it was quality time together! All fish were released and a great memory never forgotten! Thanks bro for a good time!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment